Nixing Wordpress during CE4 -> BL4 upgrade

I’m about to update my website, fourwallsphoto.com, sorry I left it this long. I no longer wish to use the Wordpress templates on my upgraded site as I think it makes things a little more complicated to maintain. In any case, BL offers the nice scrolling front-page which is all I really need (don’t need a blog).

My question is, if I follow the upgrade instructions (here), but no longer want to use the Wordpress stuff, how to I get rid of it without breaking the site after an upgrade?

You will want to remove the WordPress files from the root of the site. The WordPress index.php file cannot exist with the Backlight index.php file.
As soon as you upload the Backlight index.php file, your WordPress site will be gone and you will need to create your Home, About, and Contact pages in Backlight. You can just copy any text you’re using into a text file and then paste it into your new Backlight created pages.

Looks like you are using Publisher and Cart on your site? If you want to migrate your albums from CE4 Publisher control to Backlight control, then be sure to leave the galleries/ and ttg-be/ folder intact and follow the update instructions on migrating both Albums and Cart.

Thank you Rod, so I can just remove all files and folders with ‘wp-’ as the prefix? I wasn’t sure if there was a tidier way to remove Wordpress from within Wordpress.

Not that I know of. I think you need to do it with FTP

Removing Wordpress is basically a two-step process:

1. Delete the files.
  2. Delete the database.

The database deletion is probably best accomplished via your site’s cPanel. You should probably download a backup, just in case. If you’re sure you won’t ever want it again, though, then nuke it; that’s what I would do.

By nuke it, you mean just delete the files manually through Filezilla, or similar? Where is the WP dB located, BTW?

By “nuke it”, I mean delete it however you like, without taking recoverability precautions (such as, making a backup).

Re: Where is the WP database located …

Like I said, go through your host’s cPanel. There’s usually a section for managing your databases databases. You would have had to create the database somehow when you set up Wordpress in the first place. However you created it, then that’s very likely how you delete it.