No background picture @ Kookaburra page?

Hello, can someone explain to me why I can’t put a background picture in a Kookaburra page. This has never been a problem in Pangolin.

Example test page: TEST KOOK EESAY - Airshow Aviation Photography by Henk Tito

Code in “page content” :

Well, you cannot put a body tag into the content area. One body tag per page, and we’ve already implemented it, because you can’t have a page without it.

Kookaburra doesn’t have options for background images, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone actually use the overkill background features that I built into Pangolin. Therefore, categorized as bloat, and cut accordingly.

If it’s something you’d like to see return, please frame your needs as a feature request, and I can consider adding it.

1 Like

The alternative would be that you can implement the background yourself using a custom stylesheet, and/or via PHPlugins. I can advise how to do that if you’d like to go that route.

Hi Matt, Yes please give some advise.

Sure. Can you please describe the desired end goal?

It would be nice if, within any “album”, you could have that option (see screenshot) for a background.

I have a second question does the “Theatre” option come back in Kookkaburra (screenshot Pangolin Album)?

Re: Settings backgrounds on a per-album basis requires some thought …

Kookaburra will not support Theater, as many of Theater’s presentation options are jQuery dependent. Kookaburra does not use jQuery.

Instead, I was to bring some of Theater’s functionality – or some reasonable equivalent – to Kookaburra’s core. For example, Kookaburra already supports carousel slideshows as a presentation type (introduced in 5.3.4).

Also, it would absolutely suck for you to have to do this via PHPlugins for every album. Too manual a process. I’ll think about whether I can implement it in a way that makes sense.

It would be great if it could be automatic. I’ll wait and see what comes next. Thanks in advance for the effort :slight_smile:

I will see what the Kookaburra - carousel slideshows will bring.