Pages changing size

I thought I had a font size problem, but I think it has to do with certain pages expanding across the screen when I don’t want them to.

My website is charleskinghorn.com.

If you go into Galleries and click on any of the gallery groups, headings and text will expand beyond the screen limits of the higher level pages, not something I want. Everything seems to lead back to the settings in the default page which should have control over all page sizes. I cannot find where the problem lies.

It’s all looking fine to me. I’m not seeing what you’re describing. I’ve checked in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari for iOS.
Try clearing browser cache.
If that doesn’t clear things up, can you post a screen shot?

Thanks, Rod, for looking at this problem. I didn’t think to check other browsers, although I had installed them to check another aspect of my website. So much for all my programming experience.

Opera and Firefox are both good, but the problem still persists with Google Chrome. I had been clearing my Chrome cache on and off as I worked on my website and then tried to solve this problem. After your response I cleared the Chrome cache again and rebooted as well. Now the problem is occurring on my home page too.

I suspect the problem is specific to Chrome. I may try to uninstall and reinstall the software before doing any screen prints. It is close to midnight here so I think it’s tomorrow’s problem.

Added: . . . specific to my installation of Chrome.

This is embarrassing. I just googled “chrome browser changing size of web pages” as a last minute attempt before bedtime to find something. Up popped the word “Zoom” as one of Chrome’s options. Given my age and eyesight I’m zooming websites all the time if the type is smallish. At some point I must have done that on some, but not all, of my web pages. I don’t have any trouble reading my own website, but somehow the zoom factor was changed. Problem solved. And thanks again, Rod, for making me think outside the Chrome box.

2 Likes