Pangolin-Galleria image size question

Hi,

all my pangolin-gallerias have the image rendering size set to 960px. I guess that was the default value.

Since I use a lot of expanded galleries and the viewer can also klick on full screen, 960 px look a bit small on a large monitor.

I set the rendering image size in galleria to 1600 px now, since that is my default size for all images that I import. When I go into expanded view on my 27 iMac, the are still displayed in 960 px. I have emtied template cache and all the other special links. Still does not display larger than 960 px. I tried in 3 browsers.

Does BL internally look at the template’s rendering size and downscales the images to the set size? Or why does the size not change, when I change it in the rendering options of Galleria?

Thanx

Ok, I just cloned my template and set the rendering size to 1600px, created a new album and imported some photos and now they show up much larger.

The culprit is, that in a normal browser window, part of the bottom of the image is cut off. Hmm, how do I get a larger bottom margin in there?

After making image rendition size changes, you need to republish the.images

1 Like

Can you post a link?

Ok, republishing it means I have to upload them again in the album.

Here is a link:

I’m not sure why the images are being cut off; I can’t reproduce it.
You can try going to the Backlight Special Links page and clicking on Clear Template Cache as well as Update Album Files.

I already did that. That is my first thing to do, when I have a problem. Still no change.

Do you mean by that you can’t reproduce it, that it is shown correctly in your browser?

Isn’t there a way via css to set top and bottom padding in the picture frame?

No, I can’t reproduce it on my test site.

What aspect ratio are you using in the Galleria template?

Any time you change image rendition sizes, you will need to re-upload (a.k.a. re-publish) your images, so that Backlight can generate renditions at the new sizes.

As for the layout, it looks to me like the gallery UI at the top is taking up a part of the slideshow’s height, and pushing your display area out-of-frame. I haven’t looked at the Galleria slideshow in a while, but I would guess you’ve stumbled upon a combination of settings that doesn’t jive.

Try tinkering with any of the following in the album template:

• Force Use of Client Height
  • Slideshow Controls => Controls: Inside
  • Playback Options => Image Crop

Ok, got the workflow about reimporting if I change sizes.

Don’t get me wrong, but when showing the gallery UI, shouldn’t the layout adjust to that it takes up space on the top? Could it be implemented that the user sets its own padding for top and bottom of a galleria gallery to be able to compensate for the missing space on bottom?

I tried force use of client height and that made it even worse.

I will try controls inside even though I do not want to have UI over my images.

I tried out different image crops and ratios for image display, but 2:1 for browser view and 1:1 for IOS seems still the best compromise.

Thanks for your inpout!

Cheers

PS: In the galleria phorto presentation slideshow, there is a Margin Top that can be set, but there is no Margin Bottom. Why?

The paradigm for all elements is that the element sets its distance from the thing above it. Adding margin-bottom to anything, would may the margin-top slider for the next thing not behave according to expectation. Try setting margin-top on the footer if the element you want more bottom spacing for is the last thing on the page.