Presales question

I’ve purchased backlight in the past Ver 1 & 2. I’m considering purchasing version 4 but have a couple of questions.

Because after I purchased version 2 BL released v3 and I was about a month outside of being able to get an free upgrade, my question is if I purchase version 4 now, will I be able to upgrade to version 5 for free if it comes out within the next 12 months?

I have the Cart add-on and Client Response add-ons for version 1. Will those add-ons work with version 4 and upcoming versions?

We typically open the window on free upgrades about three months ahead of the next major version release, so definitely not there yet for Backlight 5 (which I’ve not even begun to think about).

If you own the Cart and Client Response add-ons for Backlight 2 or newer, though, then the add-ons will not be charged an upgrade free. When you upgrade Backlight, they come along for the ride, and you will receive add-on updates concurrent with your version of Backlight.

I have Cart version 5.0. I have also purchased Client Response but can’t seem to locate it. How can I tell if I have the latest version of Cart (and Client Response)?

If you’re running Backlight 2 or above, visit the Backlight Modules page of your admin. This will show you the currently installed version, and you will have the option to upgrade your add-ons if a newer version is available for your version of Backlight.

Thanks for the fast feedback.
I’m doing a job tomorrow (10/23) and I’ll need to be able to sell work. I have BL2 but am finding it difficult to set up (the integration button for Cart is greyed out). I’m trying to avoid the online cart servces, but will use them if I must. I could buy BL4 right now but am afraid it’ll be just as difficult to setup as BL2. Do you think I could get BL4 up and running in a couple of hours without a lot of support? My technical level is a 3 on a 1-10 scale.

(I’m thinking I could import some settings and configuration from BL2?)

Have you created a Cart enabled album template and assigned it to the album?

I’ll check on the Cart enabled template… I was able to go back to BL1 & Cart 4.xx (https:// photos.frankwhitephotography.com); which may work since I’m in a crunch. That’ll buy me some time to install and configure BL4 for next time.