Problem with the Contact page

when I set up Backlight 3, I installed the reCAPTCHA v2 . However, during recent times I get messaged from people that enter into my web site and send messages like:

[REDACTED by admin, because we don’t need spam messages or links in the forum]

How can I avoid such emails that arrived from my web site to (as expected) o my Spam folder in Gmail?..

Agustin

www.agustinbolzan.com.ar

Hi Agustin,

I also have reCAPTCHA v2 on my contact page in my Backlight site, and I receive the same types of emails that you are receiving. You are in Argentina and I am in California, so it seems that no one can hide from this junk! I will be interested if others can provide a solution.

I see there is reCAPTCHA v3. I wonder if v3 would offer help for this issue.

Thanks.

John

If you’re having issues with reCaptcha, I suggest looking into your Google reCaptcha account. For information on the differences between v2 and v3, I suggest first checking our documentation.

Also, understand there’s no silver bullet that kills 100% of spam messages. The reCaptcha will reduce the amount of junk received, but is unlikely to stop all of it.

well…something funny happened today…

In order to eliminate problems with those spam messages I spoke about in my first message, I eventually eliminated the Contact Page from my menu (www.agustinbolzan.com.ar)…everything was fine…till today. This morning I received once again an email from a russian address, apparently sent from my web page …does anyone knows how could this happened?.

Agustin

Eliminating the Contact page item from menu the does not eliminate the Contact page. You would need to delete the page. It’s still there:

thanks! :slight_smile: