Protected Photos Included in Search

I have a BL5 album including some protected photos. The system correctly asks me to provide the access code to view the album including these photos.

In LR Publisher 7.0, on the Privacy tab, if I tick Hide from Search, the whole album is hidden from search results. If I don’t tick Hide from Search, the album is included in search results under Albums and is correctly protected. However, protected photos are included in the search results under Photos which is far from ideal.

Is this intended behaviour?

Hi @mickseymour, thanks for raising this. That is not expected behaviour. I’ll look further into it.

1 Like

Hi @mickseymour, I’ve found the issue and put in a fix. Can you visit your Backlight Modules page and upgrade to Backlight 5.3.5 ?
Note that protected photos will still be returned if you are logged in as admin in the same browser.

Hi @Ben. That does not appear to have worked.

I’ve updated all modules within Backlight. The modules page is now showing 5.3.5 for the new updated modules.

Editing the album in LR publisher and unticking Hide from Search, I selected Publish Now from the LR context menu.

I then ran a search from the gallery and the photos section displayed the protected photos. Note I was not logged into Backlight in the browser at the time.

Clearing the browser cache of cached web content and republishing the whole album using Mark to Republish then the Publish button from LR, the result is the same; protected photos show in the search ‘Photos’ section.

In all cases, the gallery including the photos is correctly asking for an access code to view the protected photos.

Hi @mickseymour, I’m not sure what’s going on then. I was able to replicate it on my end, found the issue in the code and put in a fix that worked in my testing.

Can you please send me a direct message (by clicking my profile name here followed by ‘Message’) and provide me with the following?

• A Backlight admin login (so that I can check your Backlight settings and the protected status and keywords behind the photos)
  • Exact steps to see this - a gallery and access code, and search criteria that shows photos that should not be visible.