Publisher error after upgrade this morning

Hi Matt & Ben,
I have just upgraded to the latest version of BL5 this morning. I also re-downloaded the LRPublisher and overwrote my existing one and now I get JSON errors when testing the the ‘Check Authentication’
Here are the two error messages - I have an instance of Publisher for Galleries and one for Essays
JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can’t parse JSON at char 1 of: Call to undefined method PublisherConfigManager::__set()|#0 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(448): GenericApplicationHelper->getConfigManager()
#1 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(169): Framework->initApplication()
#2 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(43): Framework->init()
#3 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/index.php(25): Framework->__construct(’…’, Array)
#4 {main}|URL: /backlight/index.php

Essays
JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can’t parse JSON at char 1 of: Call to undefined method PublisherConfigManager::__set()|#0 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(448): GenericApplicationHelper->getConfigManager()
#1 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(169): Framework->initApplication()
#2 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(43): Framework->init()
#3 /datadrive/openpoin/public_html/tjowens.com/backlight/index.php(25): Framework->__construct(’…’, Array)
#4 {main}|URL: /backlight/index.php
The site looks OK but perhaps publishing will be an issue?
Thanks,
TomO

Hi @tomowensphoto, thanks for the heads-up. I’ll have a fix for this shortly.

1 Like

Hi @tomowensphoto, I have found the issue and put in a fix. Can you please revisit your Backlight Modules page and reinstall module-framework ?

This was a late change as part of code refactoring for PHP 8.2. I had removed all instances of ‘magical’ __set() methods, but unfortunately one of the methods I removed was not magical and still required.

Hi @Ben,
Authentication successful.
Many thanks.
TomO

1 Like