Random cover page not showing in backend

Hi Rod & Ben, hope you are well!

I’m currently in the process of migrating away from the Lightroom plugin to the online Publisher.

Couple of questions for you:

1. The random cover page feature works well in the client section of the client response gallery, but the cover pages don’t show in the list of galleries inside Publisher when set to random, I’m using the list view in a top level set.

2. Is the font size of the gallery name (also in the top level set, list view in Publisher) adjustable? I would like it to be larger.

Thanks!
Dan

1. I think that’s the expected behavior. I believe the random thumbnail will only show in the album from the front end.

2. There is no way to change display settings for the backend

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your reply.

The first one is a real issue for me, these albums are fast turnover and it’s a real pain to have to go back into the album settings after it has been created just to add a cover manually.

In an ideal world, the gallery would automatically pick a cover image from the first image in the gallery. Is this possible to implement?

A bit like how Vimeo automatically selects a frame from the video as a cover, and you can still go back in and change it manually if you really need to.

You’ll need to manually assign the image if it’s important that you see a thumbnail in Backlight Publisher.

Part of the problem is the galleries titles are not clickable links, when in list view you can’t even open the galleries without a cover applied…

You can click on the picture icon that’s there in place of a thumbnail.

For me the icon only shows in grid view

That may be something @Ben can address, but you can still get clickable title links by just going to the main Publisher page and clicking on “albums.” All the albums will be listed and you can click on those titles.

That’s true, I do prefer that album page view. I’ll give it a go, thanks.

Here’s the how-to on thumbnails:

https://blog.theturninggate.net/2021/01/24/upload-custom-images-in-backlight-3-2/