Saving images via IOS Pangolin

Does anyone know if it’s possible to save an image directly from the viewer on iOS using the Pangolin Album? I see this is possible in Kookaburra without having to ‘download’ the image, but wasn’t sure if maybe I’m missing a setting somewhere?

it works for me.
If using the slideshow presentation, tap on the image menu icon. One of the choices is the permalink (chain icon).
Once you have the permalink page, tap and hold on the image and options will appear, including “Save”

If you’re using the Single Image presentation, then just tap and hold on the image

Indeed, many thanks Rod - although I was wondering if this is possible directly from the image, rather than having to click through to the permalink page or image icon, I’m using the masonry template.

Not from the slideshow presentation.
You could enable image downloads. Then it’s just a matter of tapping on the download button.

If I remember correctly, this is a side-effect of how the slideshow library renders images. I think they’re rendered as background-images, rather than as IMG elements in the html. So there’s not much I can do about this in Pangolin.

Ahh OK, thanks Matt - this has been coded differently with Kookaburra? Seems to work OK there! Fingers crossed for the masonry template coming to KB soon :pray:t2:

1 Like

Yep, totally different!