Search on Keywords?

Have any luck @Ben ?

Cheers
Chumby

Hi @Chumby, I’ve just looked into this. The issue is in our code. The Metadata Handler assumes that there is only one entry for Keywords in the IPTC data and that the entry holds all keywords for an image. This only applies to the Backlight Publisher, since the code there is entirely different to the metadata processing in the LR Publisher plugin.

Fixing this will will require some development and testing. I’ll need to work out how to map multiple entries into the Publisher database so that they’re stored as keywords that can have spaces. e.g. one ‘keyword’ being ‘north east’ and another ‘protected area’ rather than four separate keywords.

Brilliant work, @Ben

Let me know how I can help with testing etc.

Glad you found an issue and this wonderful product can continue to develop!

Cheers
Chumby

Hi @Chumby, thanks for the offer to help. I’m well placed to figure this out with your images as an input. The Metadata Handler is like diving into the wild west. A lot of reverse engineering of the various pieces of metadata stores in JPEGs, from IPTC to XMP and EXIF. The information is stored in completely different ways between the three. This is one example that hadn’t come up in the images I’d used.

Hi @Chumby, I’ve put in a silent fix for this. It was a straightforward fix.
Can you visit the Backlight Modules page and click ‘reinstall’ for the entry for module-publisher?

If you then change any of the Outlets in the template/s you’re using then the next time you view those photos should update the processed metadata. If that doesn’t work then you’ll need to re-upload the affected photos. Can you let me know how you get along?

Hi @Ben Thanks for that. I just deleted all the photos in the album, and reloaded the images in.

Good news - search for “waterfall” now brings up my waterfall photos.

Will do some more testing but looks good so far!

1 Like