SEO Suggestion for <h1> Tags

For the sake of SEO, and based on what many SEO sites and testing tools suggest, there should only be one <h1> on a single image page.

Aside from the initial H1 tag, is it possible to make the remaining H1 elements H2?

which h1 elements are you referring to?
I think the masthead is an H1, but other than that…

I also don’t know what H1 elements you’re talking about. There are no heading elements on the single-image pages, and generally no heading elements added to a page at all unless you add them yourself in the Markdown sections.

Okay. My bad. I’m seeing two in the source which isn’t enough to worry about. Both related to the masthead.

Thanks, guys.

For the sake of SEO, and based on what many SEO sites and testing tools suggest, there should only be one <h1> on a single image page.

Google doesn’t care if you have more than one. You could make all your headings h1 and it would not affect SEO.

Your information is outdated. You can very happily use multiple H1 elements on a page by sectioning your page with HTML5 elements, such as section, article or hgroup.

Regardless, Backlight’s templates rank very highly for SEO in every test I’ve ever run on them. Believe it or not, I actually know what I’m doing.