SEO suggestions

Could you make some suggestions or send me to a link that will advise me on best info to add to the
page’s HEAD for SEO purposes.
Meta Description - Used in the page’s HEAD, for SEO purposes. Less than 150 characters.

Thanks, Paul

BTW - Appreciate all the support from Rod, Ben and Matt.
We have created a beautiful website with Backlight3 and your answers to my many questions have been invaluable in the process.

1 Like

I think you posted the best suggestion for what to put in the head: a page description. Make it so that it includes keywords or phrases that describe the page and are what people will likely search on.

Also most SEO experts suggest including keywords and phrases in the page content rather than in a keywords metadata field in the head.

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. Paul

Since my site is bilingual, should I fill in the SEO section with both French and English descriptions?
Also, do I need to do this on all my pages, galleries and album pages?

It’s entirely up to you. I recommend focusing on your primary language, and then follow that with English where you’re able to. Mostly what’s important is what’s on your actual page, so if you’re already creating dual-language content blocks, then you should be in good shape. I think the meta description probably has an optimal length, so you’ll want to be mindful whether your second language is even being used to benefit the page, like if your first language pushes the second out-of-bounds, etc. But I personally only operate in English, so I’m no expert on multi-language sites. You’ll want to do some research.