So Backlight 3 navigation question

Hey Guys,
So in working on a page template on my iPad Pro, the navigation menu for my page design only appears in ‘vertical’ mode. There is a note on the navigation tab that ‘horizontal is only available on desktop version’. Should this not be tied to the ‘page breakpoint’?
On the iPad Pro, the webpage experience is pretty much the same as the desktop experience, as far as page real estate and layout go. It shouldn’t default to a mobile look of ‘vertical-only’ menus As it seems to be doing.
Am I missing this adjustment feature from somewhere else on the Backlight menus??
Thanks

• Sol

FYI, I have the Nav Menu set in the ‘Header’ location, as per the ‘Page’ Template, ‘Navigation tab’.
The page ‘Breakpoint’ is set to 640px.

Can you post a link to your site?

Hey Rod,
It’s temporary WIP page, but here’s what I’ve got.
https://solarviewstudios.art/ssa-store/sol-sims-art1/

I’m not seeing the mobile view on my iPad in landscape or portait orientation. Is your breakpoint change recent? Have you tried clearing browser cache or looking in another browser.

Basically, trying to match this new site design I’m working on. Here’s a screenshot.

So your seeing a horizontal menu?
Yes, I’ve saved the 640px breakpoint, and refreshed pages multiple times, as I’ve been changing colors and such.

FYI, I’m on a 12.9" iPad Pro, in horizontal mode but I’ve tried vertical too

this is what I see at the link you provided

OK, that’s what I’m seeing too.
What I’d like to see, is like my previous screenshot, where as all the site links are in a horizontal layout, on the colored bar. Instead the single centered drop-down.

have you created a menu set to create that layout? Have you assigned it to the page template?
The menu set you currently have assigned containers one menu item with several sub-menu items

Bingo! That got it, Rod.
I had indeed assigned a menu to the page.
But in the original menu, all of my pages were added as sub-menu links, in the blue boxes. Versus as individual new links, in the white boxes.
Just added a couple of quick ones and now it appears horizontal.
So yeah, DA on my part. :-b
Thanks for your patience on it, and helping me sort it out.
You rock, dude!
Sol

:grinning:

I’m having the same problem, I want the menu items to appear horizontally as he shows, but the default seems to be a sub menu structure. I don’t see anything called “sub-menu” only “Link to” a Page, or Album, or Album Set. Why is the first menu item white and the next one blue? I can’t find any info on how to build a menu in the Docs.

Maybe this is different in Backlight 4. Should I start a new topic?

Use the “Add” and “Remove” buttons to create or delete menu items at various levels. The colors represent hierarchy.

here’s the documentation:

colors are controlled in the page template under Navigation