Something happened to my install

when I try to open I get the following error
Unexpected error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Album.php on line 496

If I go to my galleries I get a random page of the following

********** Photography the *** are my addition as the site is not working
Paradox 404!
You’ve found a page that does not exist.

Galleries
About
Contact
Search
© 2016 - 2023, all rights reserved.
Built withBacklight
Galleries
About
Contact
Search
Enter search, then press Return…
Search

Can you post a link to your site?
Is this a new problem? Was your site previously working?

Or is this a new installation?

Does your host comply with Backlight requirements found at the bottom of this page.(though I don’t think php 5.6 is still compatible. Regardless, probably php 7.x and above).

Rod

I am having numerous issues that seemd to crop up recently
I think I have one of the problems resolved, but a number of issues remain
The “galleries” do not open by default and the error at the bottom of the bage still exists

do you know what version of php your host is using? In Backlight, go to the Special Links page (Admin menu) and click on PHP Info

Sorry, no it is not a new site

current PHP is 7.3.2.

Do you remember if you made any changes before the site went all wonky?
PHP 7.3 is relatively old, but it should still probably work. Are you able to change the version in your host’s C-Panel?

Just set it to 7.4

Your backlight installation is located at /backlight, but many links expect it to be /galleries/backlight.

Looks like you are changing the configuration right now. I’ll check in back later.

I had to move it back to 7.3 as 7.4 seemed to stop everything

What is your Site URL in Settings?

sent

That’s what it should be. Daniel’s question got me thinking that perhaps it got set to https://rogergoodphotography.com/galleries/

I thought that may be it as well, so I double checked it.
At this point I am not sure what to try next

I think @Ben may need to look at it. He’ll need Backlight admin access and perhaps ftp access.
You can save some time by sending him credentials via direct message.
Just click on his name above and then the Message button.

This looks to be related to Breadcrumbs. I can’t tell though what the issue is. @goodguy100, would you be able to provide me with Backlight admin access and FTP access so that I can look into this?

Did you clear the cache (Backlight > Designer > Templates > Clear Template Cache)?

Hi @goodguy100, thanks for the access details. The issue looks to be related to embedding albums and album sets in Kookaburra pages. Kookaburra pages do not support embedding albums and sets via the page designer. There is a note in the page designer to use Kookaburra’s Essay features instead: Kookaburra Essay | Backlight

I switched off the embedded album set, and the error went away. I’ve since switched it back on again, and the error hasn’t come back.