Something Went Wrong BL4 Installer

Installing BL4 as an upgrade from BL1.2.2 and following instructions. I have changed permissions on the server to 777 where possible.

I am getting the following “Something went wrong” message.

Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database sql: ‘UPDATE engine SET identifier=‘pangolin-page’, product_suite=‘pangolin’, name=‘Pangolin Page’, type=‘page’, path=‘pangolin-page’, modified=‘2022-08-29 11:46:33’ WHERE id=‘103’’ params: array ( ) in PdoExtended.php on line 603
Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database sql: ‘UPDATE engine SET identifier=‘pangolin-page’, product_suite=‘pangolin’, name=‘Pangolin Page’, type=‘page’, path=‘pangolin-page’, modified=‘2022-08-29 11:46:33’ WHERE id=‘103’’ params: array ( )|#0 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-framework/dao/PdoExtended.php(452): PdoExtended->_throwSqlQueryException(‘UPDATE engine…’, Array, ‘Update query fa…’) #1 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-framework/dao/GenericDAO.php(34): PdoExtended->update(‘engine’, Array, Array) #2 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-designer/application/dao/EngineDAO.php(250): GenericDAO->editItem(‘103’, Array) #3 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-designer/application/helpers/ModuleHelper.php(196): EngineDAO->updateEngines(Array) #4 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-designer/application/helpers/ModuleHelper.php(12): ModuleHelper::updateModuleData() #5 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-admin/application/views/templates/template_admin.php(161): ModuleHelper->__construct() #6 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/ViewHelper.php(51): require(’/home/public/ba…’) #7 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(533): ViewHelper::render(‘message’, Array, ‘admin’) #8 /home/public/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(80): Framework->handleException(Object(Exception)) #9 /home/public/backlight/index.php(32): Framework->route() #10 {main}|URL: /backlight/index.php

Trying to change prmissions in subdirectories mentioned above gets “permission denied”…

Command: chmod 777 “pangolin-page”
Error: set attrs for /home/public/backlight/modules/pangolin-page: permission denied
Status: Setting permissions of ‘/home/public/backlight/modules/pangolin-page’ to ‘777’
Command: chmod 777 “pangolin-page”
Error: set attrs for /home/public/backlight/modules/pangolin-page: permission denied

Not sure what to do next.

POST SCRIPT:

Have reinstalled and get confirmation that Backlight Installed Suceessfully but same message whatever I try to do - similar one if I try to log into admin but different detailed error report.

Mike

Hi Mike, I’m not sure what’s going on here, and haven’t encountered this before. Would you be able to provide me with a Backlight admin login and with FTP access, so that I can try to work out what’s happening with permissions, or other cause?

The best way to do that is to click on my name, then send me a private message with the ‘Message’ function.