Something went wrong. Unable to find index page

I am able to access backlight, but every page of my site will throw the error: Something went wrong. Unable to find index page.

I moved to a new hosting provider, Epik and I had a fresh site I could cPanel and FTP with and I had TTG galleries and pages working. I then tried to get TTG Theater add-on working with html5 videos, I did upload the .htaccess file into the public_folder …and the host already had a .htaccess file there …and it said do not edit their .htaccess file but i uploaded the TTG installer .htaccess and replaced theirs … and it broke my site and they blocked my IP. They are not familiar with Backlight so I thought I’d better consult here before going further.

Seems like it’s a .htaccess problem or not being able to start that index.php to get the site displaying.
Ben is probably the man with a plan, here.
And I had asked my host to place their regular .htaccess file into my public_html folder …but I do see that backlight is referenced in this code at lines 14, 29) …So, I’m not sure how to proceed. Here is what it is now and give the error: Something went wrong. Unable to find index page…

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}::$1 ^(.*?/)(.*)::\2$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=BASE:%1]
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=BASE:]

RewriteBase /backlight/

RewriteCond $0#%{REQUEST_URI} ([^#])#(.)\1$

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [E=BASE:%2]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=QS:mod_rewrite=on]

RewriteRule ^/?search\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=publisher&c=gallery&a=search [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&a=$3&p1=$4&p2=$5&p3=$6&htline=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&a=$3&p1=$4&p2=$5&htline=2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&a=$3&p1=$4&htline=3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&a=$3&htline=4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?(api)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&htline=5 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&c=$2&htline=5 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/?([a-zA-Z_\-]+)\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&m=$1&htline=6 [QSA,L]
# Enable passing of mod_rewrite for /backlight/ site root
RewriteRule ^$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&htline=7 [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&htline=8 [QSA,L]

BEGIN cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit

Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.

To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)

For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)

php_flag display_errors Off php_value max_execution_time 30 php_value max_input_time 60 php_value max_input_vars 1000 php_value memory_limit 256M php_value post_max_size 96M php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74" php_value upload_max_filesize 64M php_flag zlib.output_compression Off php_flag display_errors Off php_value max_execution_time 30 php_value max_input_time 60 php_value max_input_vars 1000 php_value memory_limit 256M php_value post_max_size 96M php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74" php_value upload_max_filesize 64M php_flag zlib.output_compression Off # END cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit

Hi Gary, I can’t make out what the issue would be. Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login and FTP access so that I can look into this?

Hi @gary_in_austin, thanks for the Backlight login. I’ve found a couple of issues, fixed one of them and put in a workaround for another:

The no index page error was caused by none of your Designer pages being set to be the index page. I’ve fixed this by visiting Designer > Pages, clicking on ‘home’, then ‘Edit Properties’ and changing ‘Index Page’ to ‘yes’.
The Home page has Lorem Ipsum. Is this the intended page for the front of your website? I suggest editing this page, or following the above steps to assign another page to be the index page.

The second issue is with your .htaccess file at the top of your site. For now I’ve set this to use non-clean URLs, e.g. https://www.garybrackin.com/?page=about This was done by changing the Page URL Format in Backlight’s settings to ‘?page=about’. I then needed to visit Designer > Templates > Clear Template Cache.

Can you provide me with FTP access so that I can work out what’s gone wrong with the .htaccess file and get clean URLs working?

To