Something went wrong Unable to find module with id standard-page. Make sure this module is installed under backlight/modules/. in EngineFactory.php on line 95

I just upgraded from 1.2.3 to 3. All went well with the install. Get that error message when trying to get my site up.
Something went wrong

Unable to find module with id standard-page. Make sure this module is installed under backlight/modules/. in EngineFactory.php on line 95

See that others have had that problem but don’t see the solution.

Thanks. Back to the forum after 4(?) years or so.

jim

You may need to change the page template being used on your pages.

Argh… I may need to start all over, download the latest 5., and begin anew. On a previous post about this, it was suggested to let Ben into my site as “updating from 1.2.3 can be touchy”. I hoped it would be a smooth transition.

I think that error that you got means that Backlight can’t find the module that created the page template (module standard-page). I believe standard-page was an Okapi module. Check to make sure that the Okapi modules are installed and up to date. Or, better yet, create a new Pangolin page template and assign it to all pages as well as album and album set templates.

2 Likes

As Rod suggested. Okapi Modules are not installed by default in newer versions of Backlight. Visit the Backlight Modules page and you should be able to see them available for installation there.

I looked at the modules which said that Okapi was installed. I reinstalled and it seems to be working now!
Thank you all.

Been 5 years or more that I did anything to update, etc. I’ll have to look at all the instructions again to relearn the in’s and out’s of Backlight, especially creating templates for pages, albums, etc. I imagine that BL 3 is much different than 1.2.3. but the basics are the same.

Jim

if you’re going to be re-learning, might as well make the jump to BL5.
If you need help with BL3, we’d have to go with our best recollection. I would, anyway since I no longer have a BL3 installation to refer to.

1 Like

Might as well. Thanks, Rod.
By the way, did you ever make it out to the Columbia river gorge to see the wildflowers in the spring?

Haven’t been there since the fires in 2017. Been seeing some nice pictures coming out of the area though.

I agree with this.

We don’t install the Okapi modules by default because they are deprecated. We make them available only for cases such as yours, where they are necessary while transitioning from Backlight 1 to a newer version.

To take advantage of the many new features introduced in newer versions of Backlight, you will definitely want to migrate your site to using either the Pangolin, or the newer Kookaburra templates in Backlight 5.

Use Pangolin if you rely on add-ons, such as Galleria, Theater, Cart or Client Response.

Use Kookaburra otherwise, as it’s the latest, and currently receiving the most attention, at least from me. In fact, our next update has big things in store for Kookaburra.

Thanks you, Matthew. If I upgrade to 5, I assume the process for making templates, assigning, etc are still pretty much the same as BL 3, just a bit more options. I haven’t done that since buying BL1.

The design paradigm is the same:

1. design a template
  2. create an album, a set, or a page; assign the template to it