Sort Order Issue

Most of my albums are set in Lightroom as “Capture Date > Ascending” and the Backlight settings in Lightroom show “Managed by Lightroom”. When I check Backlight online, “Managed by Lightroom” is shown and images display as expected on their Backlight view-album page.

But on my website there are anomalies. Example: the last image on https://www.photo-nest.com/galleries/Photography-for-General-Audiences/People/Tanja-M/ is the first image in Lightroom and on Backlight’s view-album page. First is the correct place for it according to Capture Date of the image.

That is only one example. Other albums have similar issues.

This may not be your situation, but I have run into issues with capture date sorting with shots that have come off of my phone from social media apps. The Lightroom metadata has three different Date Time fields. If the sort order you’re seeing is off, click on Metadata->Edit Capture Time and see what’s shown. You may find something different that what’s you’re expecting.

Hi @HerbNestler, this is caused by a limitation in Lightroom’s Publisher plug-in system. Lightroom does not provide our plugin with the sort order or sequence of the photos after the first time photos are published. Have you added photos to this album after initial publish?

We added our own non-Lightroom sorting options to work around this. Try using either Capture Time or Capture Time - descending. Alternatively, if the image numbers in your file names are in the same order as the capture time, then using File Name or File Name - descending may achieve the desired effect.

Hello @Ben, you are correct that these are albums where I added after initial publication. And using the Capture Time in Backlight fixes the issue. Thanks.

2 Likes