Strange ending of text heading format

This is about the last paragraph of one of my pages.
When I don’t do anything at the very end of the text it looks like this:

source:

< h3 >Digital security, last but most certainly not least…< /h3 >
Ever since the invasion of Ukraine the new east block being Russia and Belarus have been hacking alongside China.
So start with saying goodbye to Ali Express, Alibaba, Temu and all those sites similar to them including TikTok.
Next thing to do is protect your computer, phone and tablet and apps like mail, cloudstorage etc. To accomplish that read the site of ProtonVPN.com. All their services are free for the basic need of security. Proton’s goal is to secure the digital world, for everybody hence the free basic version. There are three levels: free, light and full, the latter two are paid versions that offer more in depth security.
Getting free groceries for full access to your home is the analogy we are talking about here. And as nothing is for free, do not charge you phone at public places that you are not familiar with. Next to power a lot of data can flow through your cable…

result:

But when I add this empty code < h3 >< /h3 > at the end looking like this:

< h3 >Digital security, last but most certainly not least…< /h3 >
Ever since the invasion of Ukraine the new east block being Russia and Belarus have been hacking alongside China.
So start with saying goodbye to Ali Express, Alibaba, Temu and all those sites similar to them including TikTok.
Next thing to do is protect your computer, phone and tablet and apps like mail, cloudstorage etc. To accomplish that read the site of ProtonVPN.com. All their services are free for the basic need of security. Proton’s goal is to secure the digital world, for everybody hence the free basic version. There are three levels: free, light and full, the latter two are paid versions that offer more in depth security.
Getting free groceries for full access to your home is the analogy we are talking about here. And as nothing is for free, do not charge you phone at public places that you are not familiar with. Next to power a lot of data can flow through your cable…

< h3 >< /h3 >

I only then get the intended the format looking like this:

There is no Markup only HTML on that page. Beats me…

Does your actual html have the spaces after the opening bracket and before the closing bracket?
(a link to the page would help)

I copied and pasted your text into a page. I had to remove those spaces for it to work properly, but it works. (without the <h3></h3 at the end)

I notice that there are no paragraph breaks on my test page while there are in the text in your post.

you could try adding the p tags or use Markdown (space space return)

I added the spaces like in < h3 > to get that into this posting. First I didn’t and the posting itself interpreted it into a formatting command so the spaces are there just to get it into the posting. They are not there in my page.

I have now preceeded the < h3 > with a < p > and removed the < h3 >< /h3 > at the end and now it works.

Tnx!

Oops, I didn’t mean wrapping the <h3> heading in paragraph tags. I meant the paragraphs in the text.

(you can include code in a post by wrapping it in back-tics. More on formatting text in posts here: Formatting text in the new forum