Top Level thumbs not all resizing to page size

Hey Guys,
Has anyone else experienced their Top Level thumbnails not resizing properly? Check out my page here:

The middle thumbnail resizes with the page as I adjust the page large and small. The two outer thumbnails stay their same small size. The boxes get bigger, but the thumbs stay the same. What am I missing here?
Sol

The thumbnails representing albums are drawn from those albums. So if you want them to all be the same size, the album templates need to be using the same rendition size for the thumbnails.
It looks to that smaller sized thumbnails are being used in some albums.
So make sure all thumbnail renditions are the same size and republish where needed.

Hey Rod,
The three galleries all have the same image sizes loaded to them from Lightroom. I have checked the templates in Backlight for the three galleries, looking at the settings for ‘Image Rendition’ and ‘Thumbnail Grid’ side by side, and they are all set the same. Seems they should be executing the same sizes. Are you possibly talking about a setting from within Lightroom Publisher?

I’m not at my pc so can’t easily take a closer look.
Did you happen to change the rendition settings in the template after publishing the albums with the smaller thumbnails?
If so, you would need to republish the thumbnails for those albums.

The thumbnails are not the same size. The first and third albums have thumbs that are 200px on the long side. The middle album has thumbs that are 400px on the long side.
If all albums are using the same template, and it’s set to 400px, then republish the first and third albums.
You can republish just the thumbnails by editing the Lightroom Publisher settings and checking the “Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions” box.

Hey Rod,
Figured it out…Woohoo! :slight_smile:
Each gallery has its own template created, due to variations in the products sold in those galleries. Plus some individual modifications for certain titles based on the ‘Category’ line item feature in Lightroom. I loaded them all from equally sized exported files out of Lightroom, so I knew that wasn’t the issue.

As I mentioned last night, I actually opened three windows in my browser and looked at each of the used templates side by side. The Thumbnail sizes were all set at 400px. But I did notice that the two problematic gallery thumbs had the ‘Retina’ button unchecked in the ‘Image Rendition’ tab. I don’t remember turning one of them on at any point, but obviously somewhere I did.

Anyways, I turned those on for all three templates last night, and it still wasn’t working. But, I had changed those from my iPad, after I had already left my desktop for the night, thus no Lightroom Publisher available. So today, I re-Published them all, as per your suggestion, and the are now working properly with all gallery Preview thumbs all loading at the same proper sizing.

I’m posted all of this here for anyone else who may experience this issue in the future.
Thanks for your help, Rod. Really appreciate you always being there to help figure it out. :smiley:

• Sol