Unexpected error: join(): Invalid arguments passed in BacklightUtility.php on line 57

Just upgraded to Backlight 5 and first time trying to open my Galleries I received this error. http://www.c2w-studios.com/

Unexpected error: join(): Invalid arguments passed in BacklightUtility.php on line 57

What version of php is your site using?
You can go to Backlight > Admin > Special Links > View PHP Info

5.4.45 and I have the ability to change it to up to 8.2 and a bunch of versions in between.

• I just moved it to 8.2 and it works now… thanks.
1 Like

Hi @gbbiv, I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to switch it to 8.2. 5.4 was last updated seven and a half years ago and we no longer support anything older than 5.6. Other than being properly supported, 8.2. will have the benefit of being much more performant than 5.4.

I’ve tried though to replicate the issue on PHP 5.4.45 and haven’t been able to get that error to show, or to even force it to show by playing around with the parameters in the code.

Thanks for checking. I certainly should pay more attention to that. Everything seems to be good now.

1 Like

To update: I have been able to replicate this, but I can not work out why it is throwing an error. Something has changed in the join() function between PHP 5.4 and 5.6 and something about it is failing in 5.4. I’ll leave this for now.

The only other thought that comes to mind is that it worked in the last version of Backlight 4 but not in the most recent version of 5… so not sure if you already looked to see if you changed anything related to that call between versions, probably doesn’t matter too much at this point.