Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'htscanner.so "

I noticed that there has been an upgrade from Backlight 2 towards Blacklight 3 and that I can no longer consult even the documentation from my Blacklight 2 admin.
In fact I ony purchased Blacklight 2 last September, so less than 1 year ago, and see now that I have no ability to get support?
In fact I noticed that suddenly I get the message: "Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'htscanner.so " when I create , upload or want to consult a gallerie.
I create my galleries using Lightroom and also use te Cart module.
So I’m stuck. No idea if this Blacklight or web provider related.
How to progress?
Thanks, Erik

You’ve found the new forum, so you’ll get support here! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ben will have to answer your question about the error message, so just give him some time to see it.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.
In fact I also have the following error when I try to edit an existing album from within Lightroom:

"Unable to perform action: listTemplates

Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘htscanner.so’ (tried: /usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so (/usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so.so (/usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0"

My guess is that this is a server issue having to do with the version of php your host is using. They may have updated it, creating a compatibility issue this a Backlight 2.
(Ben would probably know from the error message)

You could try reverting to an earlier version of php. You may be able to do that by logging into your hosting account and going into the C-Panel.
Or you may have to ask your host to do it.

Or just wait for Ben, he’s the expert.

Thanks Rod,

I will wait for Ben in that case.
What is the higher version of php with Backlight 2?

Best regards,
Erik

I would check as well if all modules are up to date. Go to Backlight > Backlight Modules and see if you need to perform an update.

Ben will need to answer that. I thought php 7.x would work but it might be a case of what your host includes

Yes, that error sounds like the host changed something. But @Ben is your guy for these types of questions.

You’re getting support; that’s what the forum is for.

And all documentation for Backlight now lives at https://backlight.me. The docs apply most directly to the current version of Backlight, but larger hold true for Backlight 2 as well. Where there are differences, you will often see sections for the older version.

Thanks Daniel,

All modules are up to date.
I did that prior to logging the issue but it had not changed it.

Best regards,

Erik

2 moe things:

1. I upgraded Lightroom recently to LR 9.3

2. If I have the error appear, when I check authentication of the TTG Publisher it gives the error, but when I try it again it appears it gets through
    Next I try to create an album then it fails a couple of times too, yet when I try again it starts publishing.
    During the publishing process from LR, it gives sometime the error and stops. I can start it again and again and at the end the album get’s published.
    But then I had the issue appear on some devices when you want to open the album link.
    Just very strange…

Your host has a misconfiguration and that error occurs before Backlight has even starting running. You’ll need to ask them to fix this. I don’t know what the htscanner module is. Your host either needs to update their files so that it works or disable it in the server PHP settings. Providing them with the error you posted above should give them enough information to go on:

Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘htscanner.so’ (tried: /usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so (/usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so.so (/usr/local/php73/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/htscanner.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0"