Upgrade from CE4 to BL4

Here is my latest website built using BL4.

I was happy with my original CE4 website but php upgrades at Bluehost rendered the original site useless, so I bit the bullet, bought BL4, and took the opportunity to incorporate some design and legal changes (new logo, GDPR, cookie warnings etc).

I approached this project with some reluctance. I’m not very savvy when it comes to what goes on behind the scenes in building a website. However, through trial and error, reading and re-reading the BL4 Docs guidance, watching the BL videos, but most of all, the excellent and timely responses from Rod Barbee, I got there in the end.

There are a few minor bugs to squash, plus, I want to add a Cart and I’ll probably change the Homepage so that it is dominated by a large image gallery slideshow, but I’ll save that for another day.

Thanks to everyone (both!?) at TTG. A great product with great support.

Any feedback / improvement ideas gratefully received.

1 Like

The site is looking good. Nice images! But I would revisit the orange/gray theme. I have trouble reading the menu text. I think there is not enough contrast between the two colors. It is a bit better when hovering over a menu entry.

Thanks Daniel. I agree it could be better. I’ve made some changes based on your suggestion. Thanks.

By the way, how did you get your social media button links within your footer on your website? (rather than in the top pallet as on my site).

The site looks really nice, and I love your images.

One thing I noticed, the breadcrumb title “HomeAlbum Set”. You’ll probably want to update that to read as “Galleries”, same as in your navigation menu.

Thank you Matthew.
I agree that the breadcrumb is messy. Would I edit that simply by changing the title in LR publisher? Or do I also need to do something in BL4?

Hi Martin,

Readability is already much better. I used phplugins to create a custom footer.

Cheers,
Daniel

Yes, that should work. give it a try