Upgrading to Backlight 3

HI Matt,

I created a website using your TTG software back in 2010, which I believe was even before CE4.
Do I need to uninstall any software, add-ins etc before I install Backlight3.

Thanks, Paul

You don’t need to uninstall anything from Lightroom (Backlight does not install on your computer, other than the Lightroom Publisher plug-in if you choose to use Lightroom). But you’ll probably want to delete some files on the server. Like old index.html or index.php, about.html or about.php.

What version are you updating from? Were you using TTG Publisher for your albums?

@pshilling We have some documentation around upgrading from CE4. If you’re upgrading from something earlier then there may be some differences, but that document is probably still worth looking at, as I imagine it should help you to fill in some blanks as to what should be done.

Of course, we are here to help as you go.

Were you using the Publisher to manage your site, or were you just exporting everything from Lightroom’s Web module?

And I’ve got some tips in this post on upgrading from a CE4 site that is using Publisher (stragtegies, files to keep and delete, etc). There’s a link near the top of that post to another dealing with upgrading from a non-Publisher site.

Thanks. I’ll read the documentation. It was prior to CE4. To the best of my memory ( > 10 years ago) I exported from LR’s web module.
Paul

Thanks. I’ll take a look. I created this site using TTG prior to CE4 with the LR web module.
Paul

In that case, we can essentially discard the old and start from scratch.

I sent in an issue last week regarding unsuccessfully setting up Backlight3 because the host server appears to be blocking connection to https://get.theturninggate.net

When I try to get help, their incompetent tech support has no clue what I’m talking about so I will need to move to another company to host my website. Should I move to Bluehost? I want to be sure that the Backlight3 software will install.

I’ve been using Bluehost for years with TTG products without problems.
I’m sure others will chime in with other hosting companies.

A post was split to a new topic: Want to upgrade but lost discount code