Uploaded Images not visible Chrome

In playing on my local website with V4.1 I noticed that some images and thumbnails were not visible just a placeholder. If I clicked on the placeholder. I get a message “the requested content cannot be loaded Please Try again Later” I at first thought it was just the images I just uploaded but some are previous uploads (direct not lightroom)

I then tried in Safari and all images visible, Then firefox and images visible but not some thumbnails, Then Brave and that was the same as Chrome

Also revered back to V4.02 and that is doing the same, Not messed with this test site for some months

Browser cleared, tried incognito no change, Checked file permissions and all correct

Do you have any performance enhancing or caching extensions installed for Chrome?

Also, if you open the developer console (CMD-OPT-I), are there any messages displayed there?

No to the extensions, I have also disabled them all to try and they made no difference.

Image shows developer console messages

Hi @speacock110, images are loaded directly from the server to the browser and not via Backlight. Can you see any errors in the Apache server logs for these requests?

There are no entries in the Apache logs for this problem. I tried to access the image and the logs did not update.
When I restarted Apache I got this error message “No code signing authority for module at /usr/local/opt/php@8.0/lib/httpd/modules/libphp.so” I have seen this before but have had no problems since I updated to php 8.0 on the mac including uploading images to backlight.
I reverted to the original php7 and Chrome etc works with all images
Not sure what is happening as it works with Safari, Only images added yesterday are not visible in Chrome and Edge, Firefox does not even load the site
This is the full error log report
“AH06665: No code signing authority for module at /usr/local/opt/php@8.0/lib/httpd/modules/libphp.so specified in LoadModule directive. Proceeding with loading process, but this will be an error condition in a future version of macOS.
AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/Users/speacock/Sites/bootstrap4-samples] does not exist
Failed loading /usr/local/opt/php/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so: dlopen(/usr/local/opt/php/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/usr/local/opt/php/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so: code signature in (/usr/local/opt/php/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.
/usr/local/opt/php/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so: stat() failed with errno=22
[Tue Sep 28 18:06:10.900448 2021] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 125] AH00163: Apache/2.4.48 (Unix) PHP/8.0.6 LibreSSL/2.8.3 configured – resuming normal operations”

Created a local Certificate and Certificate Authority, applied it to PHP 8 so file and HTTPD.CONF. I no longer get the message when Apache restarts but still the same with new images in the backlight gallery, Safari still works

I thought I would look at the entry for the images in the DB using PHPLiteAdmin within Backlight.

The Bottom three images are the problem ones with Chrome based browsers

I have changed from HTTPS to HTTP and Firefox now displaying correctly. But Chrome based browsers still not displaying thumbnails but some thumbnails that were visible before and others that were not.
As My local development site is visible in all browsers, I can only assume that my test site has become corrupted somehow. Comparing files and permissions etc everything is ok. So how do I get the installation files to rebuild my test site

You can download the installation zip file from the link in your original order email.

Issue solved. I have 6 Vhost’s running on my mac, 3 of them Backlight including my backlight test sites, All VHosts use PHP and HTTPS. I was having no issues with the other sites including the other 2 backlight sites. Yet the faulty site built from scratch late last year using install files had stopped working and the fault looked as if it was HTTPS. I use MKCERT to create the certificates. I then remembered an issue I had some time ago on my live sites which involved changing the Advanced htaccess settings in backlight. When I compared the code the faulty site was different so I copied the code from a working site and all is working. I cannot find where in the forum you told me about the change, so I am not sure what the changes were for.
This is the different section of the working code

############################################################################
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=QS:mod_rewrite=on]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/]*)-single.php$ %{ENV:BASE}single.php?%{ENV:QS}&id=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule ^([^\/]*)feed\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}feed.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*).css$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=css&name=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*).js$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=js&name=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*).gif$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=gif&name=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*).png$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=png&name=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*).jpg$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=jpg&name=$1 [QSA,L]
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !mod_rewrite=on
	RewriteRule ^index.php$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !mod_rewrite=on
	RewriteRule ^mobile.php$ %{ENV:BASE}mobile.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]
	#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !mod_rewrite=on
	#RewriteRule ^(.*)download.php %{ENV:BASE}download.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]
	RewriteRule ^$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d 
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&page=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

Do you have the snippet that was not working?

I kept the code to see if I could work out what was happening but it is outside my skill set

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=QS:mod_rewrite=on]

RewriteRule ^([^\/]*)-single.php$ %{ENV:BASE}single.php?%{ENV:QS}&id=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^([^\/]*)feed\/?$ %{ENV:BASE}feed.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]

# Attempt to load dynamic resources if file doesn't exist
RewriteRule ^([^\/.]*)\.(css|js|gif|png|jpg)$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&extension=$2&name=$1 [QSA,L]

# Address is /
RewriteRule ^$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php?%{ENV:QS}&page=$1 [QSA,L]

Thanks, @speacock110. The ‘old’ version is actually the newer version. Why it tripped up some images in Chrome in your particular setup is a mystery. I would need to access your server and debug it, but since you have it working, it’s not worth the effort. Just keep what you have now.

As it is a local version access to the site is not possible. But now I know what it is I have confidence to update my live sites and start using more Backlight features. I agree its not worth the effort, but I would like to know why the more recent code does not work on a mac standard Apache local virtual host with HTTPS using a MKCERT certificate and PHP 8.

Just in case someone can see the obvious below is the VHOST code
<Directory “/Users/speacock/Sites/ttg-backlight-testing/”>
Require all granted

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName “test-ttg.site”
DocumentRoot “/Users/speacock/Sites/ttg-backlight-testing”

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName “test-ttg.site”
DocumentRoot “/Users/speacock/Sites/ttg-backlight-testing”
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile “/private/etc/apache2/ssl/test-ttg.site.pem”
SSLCertificateKeyFile “/private/etc/apache2/ssl/test-ttg.site-key.pem”