Virtual copy displays without edits

I published a photo twice in one of my albums. The second version is a virtual copy that has been converted to sepia tones. It displays properly in Lightroom. But on my Backlight web site the virtual copy displays exactly like the unaltered version. Do I need to export the virtual copy and import it as a new image to see the modified version?

you shouldn’t have to. the virtual copy should just be processed out like any other image,

Can you share an album where here this has happened?

I solved the issue (don’t ask me why) by removing both iterations of the image, republishing and then adding them back. This time they look like they are supposed to (different).

I believe I have the same or similar problem when using virtual copies. Using latest version of BL and LR CC.

When I export a gallery using BL publisher plugin in LR CC, the original and a duplicate of the original is displayed in the published gallery with the same file number and no indication one is a virtual copy. The edits do not appear in the copy. The original virtual copy in LR has edits.

In the source code generated, it indicates the same file name twice.

When the image and copy are selected in client feedback module, the virtual comes back as filename_v1. I don’t believe LR is coming up with the _v1. I am assuming BL is appending that to duplicate file names when it comes time to generate the client response form.

When I export using LR’s export function without any filename renaming, the filename generated to my hard disk is filename-2; not filename_v1.

I did a test by publishing an original file, a virtual copy identified as “Copy 1” in LR’s meta file “Copy Name”, and one that I edited outside of LR with PS CC and has “-edit” appended to the end of the file name.

I can’t stop using virtual copies in LR because they have different edits for the client to consider and choose. I need the edited version to be displayed as an edit and have the same file name as I would use to look it and the others up when copying the files selected in the feedback form and pasting them into LR’s Library Filter.

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards / Perry J.