Weird home page behavior, fresh install

Followed all the installation instructions, got to the one that says, now go to your web domain and you’ll see…

…And what I get is “failed to open page, too many redirects” - and the URL looks like below. What happened?

http://onemountainphoto.com/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/installer/

It looks like you’ve uploaded the contents of the backlight directory into the top of your web site, instead of the contents of the zip file that includes the backlight directory.

After your initial upload your public_html or www directory should contain the following:

index.php
.htaccess
backlight

Another possibility is that either the .htaccess or index.php file from the backlight directory was uploaded to the top of your website instead of the copies outside of the backlight directory after extracting the zip file. Could that be the case?

Tried to attach a screenshot but it’s not accepting it.

All that’s in the public_html directory is

backlight (the file folder with the stuff below from install)
galleries
index.php
.htaccess

Since it’s a fresh install, I’ll kill everything there and try again…

Hi ednazarko, I’ve upgraded your user status. You should be able to post screen shots now.

Did you get things straightened out? Your home, contact, and about pages look normal.

Yeah, working now, but no idea what went weird. I blew everything away in the public_html folder, did the FTP again, and now it’s working as expected.

2 Likes