What's the best way to create a 2 column full width header layout

No clue if this will work or not, but maybe put it in the user_load hook of phplugins?

Otherwise, @Daniel’s suggestion should work. Since this is a Pangolin page, you could also use JQuery to move the content into the div named “colwraparticles”.

JQuery is a javascript library.

No idea about the php include.

Yep. I just find it easier to use.

My solution above works, I just needed to put the include file (sidebar.php) in the right place, which is at the root level before the backlight folders, and not enable php plugins. Putting the include in the phplugins folder in backlight just writes it at the top of the page. It’s probably not meant to be used to echo out html.

As far as Daniel’s solution, I don’t know where main_bottom() is located, and by hiding the code with css and using a function to move it to the correct position, it would take some heavy percentage calculations to figure out how this will work responsively, I would think.

Great!

It’s one of the phplugins hooks. You’ll find examples of how to use the hooks in the phplugins-pangolin-sample.php file (found in backlight/modules/custom-resources/phplugins/)

Not really. You’d be moving the html into your responsive grid.

I’m not going to use it but, main_bottom contains this note:

• main_bottom
  •  - return value ignored

•  - called immediately before closing the main content column

•  - encompasses nothing; use to insert content at the very bottom of the main content column

•  - located outside the password protected area

“called immediately before closing the main content column” makes me think it will put the sidebar content outside my defined second column. It has to be before the column 4 div and page divs are closed.

Yes, it would, if it weren’t hidden by css. The idea is to make it available so that it could then be moved to where it’s needed.