X/Twitter Cards

I am considering ripping meta tag support for X/Twitter “cards” from Backlight. Thoughts?

Frankly, I’m tired of following the nonsense at that company, and I have little faith that things will ever get better. If anything, X/Twitter is becoming increasingly, significantly irrelevant. For the time being, I think Twitter cards (mostly?) continue to be supported as before. But there is recent reporting that these will change, at least for links to news articles. Maybe for the rest of us too?

The API hasn’t changed yet, but I reckon it probably will at some point.

I. Don’t. Know. But I trust none of it. Whatever trust I had, I’ve lost.

For now, I’m sitting on it. But if I go ahead and just remove the things, then I could simply stop caring at all, and that would, at the very least, free up some mental real estate for me to focus elsewhere.

Does anyone care about this? Would anyone be upset if the meta tags for Twitter were removed? Does anyone think, “Yes, absolutely, kill them dead” …?

1 Like

Removal might also mean removing the Share to Twitter button from Pangolin, and then never having it in Kookaburra (whenever sharing features are added).

I don’t care. I don’t really use my business Twitter/X account anyway

1 Like

Consign it to the bin. I’m just biding my closure notice having given up on the platform. The bird is now eXtinct(sic).

1 Like