Error on install

Thanks Ben - my CPanel credentials were reset by the host when they originally got my website back up. I’ll DM the new ones and if you could have a peek it would be much appreciated…

Hi @ollyt, I had a look via FTP. There’s no sign of the backlight directory. What exactly happened to cause the error and then for backlight to disappear? Do you or does your host have a backup to use to restore the backlight directory? Without it, your only option is to reinstall and republish all of your galleries.

Hi @Ben - I don’t really know what is going on - it is like my original site and backlight are fighting for the URL. I am trying to take Backlight off altogether and get back to my original template (wasn’t backlight) I’m not worried about galleries as I have those all in Lightroom, but I can’t get seem to get my site to stop referencing BL. (I set up a page in BL saying site is under construction.) Thanks for your patience and help.

That “Under Construction” page on your site is not a Backlight page. There is no Backlight code in that page.

Did you add a redirect in your .htaccess file to the Under Construction page?

Is there a file in the root of your site that is the Under Construction page?

Hi @Ben, I have done nothing like that. I did create a page in Backlight that said “under construction”

I guess I will go back to my host and see if they did something. Thanks again.

Looking at the page source code, I can tell that your Under Construction page was not created in Backlight. So it’s probably another .html page in the root of your site. Do you have any .html files in the root of your site? What are they?

Thanks @rod_barbee and @Ben, I’ll have a look and see if there is some other file interfering with my original site.

Hello, I get this message when I log into the backlight admin

"Backing up databases…
Backed up master.sq3
Upgrading to version 1.9.2…
Migrating settings
Unable to upgrade to version 1.9.2
Error message: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: settings_section "

could you tell me what I could do, I tested everything that was already suggested

Good day

@Ben will need to chime in here.

Hi @Christian, which version of Backlight were you trying to upgrade from and which version to?
Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login so that I can check the database and try to fix it?
The best way to do so is by clicking on my name followed by ‘Message’.

Hello @Ben, I sent you an email with access to the website

Hi @Christian, I haven’t received any emails from you. Can you send me the access details by message instead? (by clicking on my profile name followed by ‘Message’).

Hi @Christian, I have made a minor update to the database that allowed the upgrade to complete (The update was to increment the Backlight version number from 1.9.1 to 2.9.1). Your site now appears to be working correctly. Can you let me know if anything else stops working?