Gallery Reorganization

Hello,

My site currently is set up with one “top level gallery,” and over the years, the gallery menu has become extremely long with 150+ albums (I take photos of motorsports event). I would like to reorganize the gallery with individual years, and then group those albums with that year’s events. I just haven’t been able to figure out how to do it.

The vast majority of my galleries are maintained through Lightroom with your plug-in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Lightroom Publisher you could create album sets representing each year. Then, still in Lightroom Publisher, you should be able to drag and drop albums from where they are into the album set they need to be in.

And once you have those album sets made, you can also move any albums created by Backlight Publisher into them from the Backlight Publisher interface.
Go to Publisher in Backlight and make your way to the album you want to move. Edit the album and go to the Base Settings tab. Right at the top is a drop down for moving the album to a new Parent album set.

Ok… I attempted that, but the album set is not appearing in the gallery page on the website. I’m missing something

Try clearing browser cache

Tried that… it didn’t help

Make sure you’re creating the new set in the same Publisher instance where your other albums are.
You haven’t hidden the album set, have you?

Make sure you haven’t accidentally created the new set inside another set.

It should be working. I just created a new set in a top-level gallery on my test site and it showed up right away.

Can you post a link to your site?

I just thought that it would be nice if I attached my external drive that housed all the old photos.

Anyway, if I have Lightroom send me to the gallery online, it shows up, but does not appear in my main gallery page.

what’s the name of the new album set?

what’s the url to it?

The album set is named 2014, and it should contain 2 albums

Here’s the second album. https://fastcarphotos.com/galleries/2014/2014-turkey-rod-run/

When you’re logged into Backlight and viewing the site using the same browser, can you see the 2014 album set?

In Backlight Publisher, is the 2014 set showing up there?

I’m wondering if the album set has been set to be hidden (under the Features tab)

No, I don’t see it at all

And in Backlight in the Features tab, I don’t see hidden as an option.

In Lightroom under features, hidden is unchecked.

Hmmm.
Is Lightroom Publisher up to date? It should be at version 5.1. You can check that in the Lightroom Plug-in Manager.

You can also try clicking on the Update Album Files link from the main Backlight Dashboard under Special Links

Yes, I’m on 5.1, and I’ll try the update.

You’re not seeing this?

it updated album files, 1 album set and 153 albums. Should I clear the the cache and update index files?

Let me check on the Hide from Album Set again.

When in Backlight, I can’t see the Album Set or the albums at all. The 2 albums in the set only show via the 2 links I posted. Would you like to log into Backlight and look around?