Google Analytics

I would like to use Google Analytics on some of my web pages.

Here are the instructions -

Paste your tracking tag before the closing tag on every page of your website you want to track.

I do not see a closing tag on the pages so where would I paste the above code?
Thanks, Paul

Backlight is ready to support Google Analytics. You just have to paste your Web Property ID in admin/settings. It is part of the Website Settings section. That’s all you need to do. Backlight then will automatically include the Google Analytics code in all your pages.

Thanks for your quick response.

Just wondering if this still works. I have a UA- type ID# setup, but adding this to the admin/settings page did not seem to initiate tracking. Do I have to reset something in BL perhaps? Sorry, bit lost on this, nothing in the BL manual as far as I can tell.

Yes it does.

I would try to ‘Clear Template Cache’ from the admin menu. Then if you look at the source code of your site, you should see something like this in the html header:

<script>
		var gaProperty = 'UA...
</script>

‘Clear Template Cache’ worked! Awesome, it’s working now. Many thanks.

Perfect!

Glad to see that Backlight supports Google Analytics now. It makes it much easier for me to track the performance of my website.

I was wondering if there is a way to integrate AdSense with Backlight? I’m not sure if it’s possible or not, but it would be great if there was an option for this.

If it’s just a matter of inserting code, you can do that with phplugins

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Using phplugins in CE4