Something crashed on my server

I can’t open my website. http://coyotepixel.net
It gets timed out. All my other BL sites on the server work fine. I think that maybe something went awry when updating some of my albums from Lightroom (which is the only thing I’ve done of late). When I log into the folder on the server, everything looks OK. I have a downloaded BL5 installation folder on my computer and think I should just reload the basics and keep the galleries.
Could you remind me which to upload into the folder on the server? Just the .htaccess or the index.php?
Thanks and happy holidays/new year!

I can access your site. What exactly is the problem. Are you unable to log into Backlight?

I type in my address and it won’t come up. Maybe I’ll clear my history and try…
Nope. I’ve tried with firefox and chrome. It just won’t come up! Says timed out or site cannot be reached.

I also tried thought LIghtroom control/go to published album. Same thing.

Won’t load on my iPhone either. Wierdness prevails.

I can access from both desktop (Firefox) and iPad (Safari)

Ok on my phone now, but I can’t get lightroom to update an album. Get the error code:
Error performing function.
Unable to complete the action.
Headers: { [error] => { [errorCode] => “timedOut” [name] => “The request timed out.” [nativeCode] => -1001
}
}
Maybe I’ll try to restart my computer. All other websites come up and internet is working.

Ok, I restarted my iMac. Still can’t get to my site. I tried with my laptop, still can’t get there either. Could my site have been hacked and my internet service provider is blocking it?

Me again. I tried to access my site on iPhone with our home internet provider via wi-fi. Can’t get to it. When trying a different wi-fi login (xfinity), I can get there. So it must be something with our internet provider blocking me.

It appears that our Internet provider, Xfinity, is blocking my domain name. I cannot access my domain from any device hooked up to our router modem. It could be that in updating my albums, they mistook it for spam activity. I have a repair ticket going. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Hi @coyotepixel, I wonder if your Internet service provider’s DNS isn’t resolving your domain.

Can you try updating your DNS settings on your computer? Google’s service should work well (8.8.8.8) but there are plenty of other good options (see this article The Best Free and Public DNS Servers (December 2023) )

How you update your DNS would depend on your operating system. If you do try changing it, make a note of the current settings in case they don’t automatically come back when trying to undo the setting change.

Thanks, Ben. I changed the DNS to Google’s 8.8.8.8 and others to no avail. I found an article on the xfinity site saying that sometimes their filters will block a domain. They have a trouble ticket specific to the issue. My housemate (computer whiz) put in a route trace on my domain which shows that it’s blocked at xfinity. Thanks all for the help! Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon. I miss my Backlight site! Want to update my favorite photos of 2023.

1 Like