Web page will not display due to too many redirects

I have upgraded to Backlight 5 after my site which was running fine on Backlight 1.2.4 stopped functioning when Bluehost stopped supporting PHP 7.3
I can access Admin etc and have started to redo my site. BUT now when I try to view the site I get error message that says Safari can not display page because of to many redirects.
I checked Bluehost panel and my domain elnowak.com is not being redirected.
WHEN I TAP THE BROWSE HEADER SHOWING it shows the address is elnowak.com/installer/installler/instller/installer
what can i do is this a host issue or is there something i can do in Backlight?

could be an installation error. Double check the instructions for updating from Backlight 1.
Make sure that the contents of the BL5 folder from your download are installed inside of the existing backlight/ folder EXCEPT the data/ and custom/ folders. Those should be retained from the old BL1 installation.

You’re not the first one having this error. Check following to links. Maybe one of them applies to you:

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I decided to gut the /backlight folder etc and manually load Backlight 5 unzipped files then log in to installer etc. I now get my raw/rough home page and will proceed to develop my site. I also used the special link feature to update the index and hsst whatever fies. In my desperation I also deleted my old /gallery folder and my old custom and data files. Will now experiment to see if I can add back the old /gallery folder and use the Update Albums feature to see if my old album come back. I will also see if I can add back my custom and data folders.